Scroll to view>

info
×

Fincham Hall dates back to 1480 and was last occupied by a passionate plantsman, Maurice Mason, who collected and nurtured plants from all over the world. By trade a Norfolk farmer who, in his spare time, amassed a huge and influential collection of glasshouse plants, known particularly for his extensive orchid collection. 


Working with architect Morgan Gostwyck Lewis we developed a planting framework that fits with the remnants of Maurice's plant collection as well as the very distinctive character of the fens landscape. The planted areas surrounding the house include an enamelled mead, a tall exotics area, a herb garden and a mixed orchard. 


This is an ongoing project started 2018.

Using Format